Monday, June 05, 2006

Buried Treasure

The first couple times I put the mower away, I noticed something blue and shiny buried in the ground. Both times I had other things to do, so I passed by and didn't even think about it.

Being the curious person that she is, Valerie started picking at the blue shiny thing in the ground and dug out a whole bottle. It was caked with dirt inside and out. After two sprays with the hose and several washings, the bottle was finally clean.

It is a beautiful cobalt blue with the words "SQUIBB" on both sides of the top. On the bottom it says "DESIGN PAT 87401", "BOTTLE MADE IN U.S.A." and the number 2. (Here's the patent record) It had a funky minty smell to it when she pulled it out of the ground, so we're guessing some kind of antacid or something. The house was built in the middle 60's, so we're also guessing it's from around that era.

I wonder if there is a market on eBay for this kind of stuff?

No comments: