Friday, April 20, 2007

Maine Memories




To my Maine Mom Linda,
Hi! It's me, Danny. It has been 6 months since I moved to my new home and things are GREAT! Well, to be honest, I still struggle with "No couch" and have gotten in trouble several times for eating out of the candy dish. However, Mom and Dad love me a lot and spoil me.

I have put on weight and my coat is now long and thick. When I go out people always say how beautiful I am. My "nanny" Diane walks me every day and says that I am one of her favorite pups.

I have a big yard to play in with lots of interesting creatures and smells. As you said, I am a chewer - this means there is always rawhide and lots of toys around the house.

Many thanks and doggie kisses to you and all the Sunshine Golden Retriever Rescue volunteers who helped save me. I often think of you and will never forget your kindness. Do you ever think of me ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Danny, boy I still miss you! I will always treasure our time together and you will always hold a special place in my heart. I have been meaning to write to tell you how handsome you have gotten. I check the Wilton Diaries to see how you are doing often. You look wonderful and I can see how happy and well loved you are. Do you know how good that makes me feel? You are such a special boy and to know that you have such a great mom and dad just makes me sooooo... happy!

Sometimes when I am feeling sad because it is time for another foster dog to go on to it's forever family I check on you and I know everything will be all right for them if they are 1/2 as loved as you. It helps me let go and I don't know if Val and Jeff realize that they are helping me by being such wonderful parents. The obvious love they have for you just makes me smile everytime I read a story about you. I think one of my favorites is the one where you ate the letters from the IRS.. I bet you were just trying to help your mom and dad keep some of that money for more toys!

Callie and Madison says hi, Brady and Teddy (the boys next door,) say come up and play with us again sometime. We all miss you and are so glad you are having the wonderful life you deserve, tell your mom and dad that I think that they are pretty special and would love to see them adopt a brother or sister for you some day! Lots of love and hugs, Linda