Monday, May 21, 2007

Bird dog




A couple of years ago, Jeff got me a decorative bird cage. It makes the perfect do-dad to put on the base of the fireplace. There is a little wooden bird perched atop the birdcage.

Danny was playing with his toys the other day while I was reading a book. He came over to me with something in his mouth. At first, I paid no attention but something in my mind clicked and I realized it was too small to be one of his toys. I decided to check, just for kicks, and after a few minutes of prying was able to get Danny to open up for me.

It was the little wooden bird from the cage! Not a scratch on it, mind you. Of course what else would you expect from a retriever? I couldn't help but laugh as he pranced around with the little birdie hanging from his lips. Never a dull moment with this dog around...

No comments: