Sunday, July 15, 2007

New Finds

The past few months have unearthed some new finds.

On the left, is a bottle that was sticking out of the ground in the back yard. It is marked "DESIGN PAT 89237" on the bottom and I think it looks like some sort of medicine bottle.

The bottle on the right is also a clear glass bottle. This one I found as I was using some left-over rocks and creating borders around some of the flower beds. It had a rusty metal cap that crumbled in my hand when I tried to screw it off. There are no discerning marks on the bottom. Valerie thinks it's anther medicine bottle, but I think it's just too small. I think it's something like a tonic or vanilla extract bottle. Maybe you have an idea?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool. When we put in our new fence and dug holes for posts, we found spoons and a fairly big knife. My husband stuck it in the dish washer and is now using it. =P