Sunday, August 26, 2007

Danny & the Aerator


The fall is when I start to get my grass in shape for the next year. It usually starts off with me going over the lawn with an aerator (takes little plugs out the lawn to help with compaction). Then I follow it up with over-seeding using a slit seeder.

This weekend was the aeration weekend. The aerator is a motorized machine about twice the size of a lawn mower.

About half way through the lawn, I turned it off and took a break. Valerie let Danny out and when he spied the aerator in the yard he started to growl. His ears perked up and he started very slowly walking towards it. About half-way to it, he growled again and the hair on his back started to stand on end. By the time he finally got to the aerator, he was in full-nasty growl. He walked around it, sniffed it a couple times, decided it wasn't a threat and continued on with his day.

No comments: