Thursday, May 06, 2010

Entry Doors


I have always wanted a wooden front door. However, several contractors said a wood door is not the best option, if the door will be exposed to direct sun. Also, when it is extremely cold outside and warm inside, this can stress the door.

Steel doors were recommended. However, we already have one that I hate so I refused to consider this.

Fiberglass is another option. I have seen fiberglass doors at Home Depot and they did not impress me. I was told that there are much nicer fiberglass doors, so off we went to WindowRama.

Walking in, I saw a Jeld-wen fiberglass mahogany entry door. This door was gorgeous and I thought, I could live with that. When I heard the price was $5K, I realized this was too pricey.

It turns out that mahogany doors are the most expensive. Doesn't that figure !

We found this door by Therma-Tru that we liked and will provide more light into the foyer.

No comments: