Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Perspective


I woke up this morning, feeling like my world was falling apart. On the way into work, I stopped at the dry cleaner and chatted with the owner. The owner said she was sad today (me too, I thought) because she had to put her Mom into a nursing home yesterday.

Those words put Cooper's cancer into perspective. My heart may be breaking, but there are many things worse than a sick dog.

Dr Duffy removed 2 masses from Cooper - one in his neck (cancerous) and the second on his thigh (preventative). The thyroid tumor appears to be encapsulated, which would reduce the risk of the cancer having spread.

We will not know Cooper's prognosis for a few days until we get the radiologist and histopathology reports.

Coop is coming home late tonight and for now that is enough.

No comments: