Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Exhuberant


Whenever Jeff or I arrive home, we are met by a whirling dervish. Oti runs in circles and barks. You would think that he had been left alone for weeks, not just a few hours.

Oti then grabs any object that catches his eye and runs off. You can see from his expression that Oti wants to play. Oti does not chew on the object, just runs back and forth, out of reach, hoping that the chase will begin.

The other day I arrived home and found my pink rubber boot in the middle of the living room. Oti must have carried it up from the basement. One night, Oti raced to meet Jeff carrying my oven mitt (especially bad behavior since this was on the kitchen counter).Oti has no fear of digging in the hamper and running around with t-shirts.

Jeff left his sock drawer open and the next thing I knew, Oti was carrying socks downstairs. It is hard to be stern when Oti looks so happy. Saying "No, bad boy" has no effect. Oti seems to smile and say, you can't be mad when I am so cute!

Oti is either much younger than we think or this is a game he learned at his previous home.

No comments: