Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Breakfast

As we were enjoying our Sunday breakfast, I looked out and near the shed was my nemesis, Silverback. Silverback (named after his silver streak) is the oldest, largest and craftiest of the woodchucks in our neighborhood. Due to his extra large size, he inflicts the most damage on our garden. Silverback had not been spotted in the last month, so I was hopeful that he had moved on.

Jeff commented, "I'm not surprised to see him, the Montauk daisies are looking a little bare". I raced to the front window and looked out. 2 days ago the daisies were getting ready to flower, today there are just a few bare stalks!

I sat back at the table and out trots the fox! The fox walks under the bird feeder and all the birds scatter. The fox continues across the yard and into the woods. Unlike the woodchuck, I truly enjoy seeing the fox with his beautiful dark red coat.

No comments: