Monday, October 08, 2007

Coyote

Driving down our street, Jeff and I noticed an animal in our neighbor's yard. We stopped the car to get a better look. What is that ? My first thought was a wolf, then a dog, then a coyote. We turned into our driveway and I did not expect to see the creature again.

Going out later, we saw the same animal standing in a different neighbor's yard. This time we were able to get a much better view and I could clearly see the gray coat that looked matted. There is no doubt that this coyote seemed very much at home - he slowly trotted off into the woods. Not the least bit afraid of the car or the attention. Could this be the answer to stopping Silverback (the woodchuck) ?

I always thought coyotes were small, but this one was taller than Danny at the shoulder and thinner. I also thought the coyote's coat would be brownish, but this was full wolf gray. I guess you never know what you will meet at 3pm in Wilton! Maybe that is why Danny is constantly sniffing in the yard and on his walks ?

No comments: