Sunday, October 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Danny!




Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! It is hard to believe that I moved to CT one year ago. At that time I thought no one would ever love me again. In a span of a few short weeks, I was abandoned, lived in a shelter and then was shipped from Alabama to Maine.

I had a great foster Mom, Linda, and was starting to hope again, when two strangers knocked on the door. The next thing I knew, I was on the road again.

When we arrived at my new home in Wilton, I was nervous. One look at their newly finished hardwood floors and figurines and I thought this will never work. I'm a big guy who loves to run around and wag his tail - how would I ever fit in ?

It turns out that Mom and Dad are pretty cool. The scratches in the hardwoods are called "character" and the breakables have been moved higher up.

I had a lot to learn; sharing the bed is ok, the couch is not, eating from the candy jar is a MAJOR offense. After a year, I have Mom well trained, a sigh or a sad look will get me extra hugs or playtime or a snack.

Each season has brought new visitors to our yard. Ducks in the spring, woodchucks in the summer, deer in the fall. Add in the foxes, turkeys and coyote and I never know what I may find.

These Golden days have passed quickly with a lot of laughter and some tears (being diagnosed with epilepsy). Through the ups and downs Mom and Dad have stood by me. Mom says we're a pack and a pack always sticks together.

Always - I like that word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Danny! It's hard to believe it's been a year since you found your forever family. What a lucky boy you are. We told our current guests Birdie and Benny about you and they are hoping to find parents just like yours. We miss you and send lots of doggy hugs and kisses your way. Linda, Callie, and Madison.