Saturday, August 15, 2009

House For Sale

Jeff and I bought our Wilton home about 3 years ago. We looked at many homes, before deciding on this one.

I was viewing Wilton real estate listings yesterday and was surprised that 3 of the homes that we had toured were back up for sale! All 3 homes sold just about the same time we bought this one.

I was really shocked by this, especially in a down housing market. Jeff reminded me that our type of home in Wilton is a starter home and many people want to move into something much bigger.

I can't argue against wanting a newer, grander home. However, people must be well off, if they can lose significant money on their current home and still purchase a larger one.

I forget that we live in the land of the Wall Street traders. Jeff said, imagine what will happen once the big bonuses start flowing again in December.

No comments: