Thursday, October 22, 2009

Legacy


Today is Danny's birthday. It is hard to believe that Danny has been gone almost as long as he was with us.

Danny was a fantastic dog. "One in a million", Jeff always says.

Danny was a shooting star, whose light burned brightly for a brief moment; extinguished too soon, but his beauty not forgotten.

Our wonderful experience with Danny gave us the courage to adopt a troubled, broken dog like Cooper. It was Danny's foster Mom, Linda, who introduced us to Otis.

I still miss Danny and I think I always will. I find comfort in knowing that Danny's legacy is strong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danny was a very special boy. I miss him and I only fostered him for 2 weeks- I can't imagine how much you guys miss your special boy. I am sure he is looking down on you and is so proud of you for opening your hearts to Coop and Oti. I know I am! Linda