Sunday, November 01, 2009

Zero

We usually do not get many trick-or-treaters at our house. However, since Halloween was a Saturday, I thought we would get a larger than normal amount of visitors.

I put the full size candy bars in a covered (dog proof) bowl by the front door. Oti pranced around in his pumpkin colored collar, ready to greet anyone who rang the bell.

We spent the morning cutting up the fallen trees and creating a pile of limbs to be shredded and wood to be split. After lunch, I expected the first kids to come by, but no one wandered down the driveway.

At 4:00 pm, I put on all the outdoor lights. I wanted to make sure everyone knew we were open for business. At 9:00 pm, we turned the lights out.

NO ONE, ZERO, ZIP kids showed up. What happened to the spirit of Halloween ?

No comments: