Monday, December 14, 2009

Brain Freeze



Otis is prone to ear infections. We know this, because Oti's ears are very thick and the insides are misshapen.

I noticed that Oti was scratching at his ear. When I looked, Oti's ear was extremely dirty, even though Jeff cleaned them a few days earlier.

I reached into the refrig and pulled out the ear drops. I went over to Oti and placed 3 drops in his ear. Oti began to yelp and rubbed his head along the carpet.

I realized that the cold drops in his ear canal must have been painful. I left the drops out on the counter to warm. However, when it was time for today's medication Oti would not come over to me.

1 comment:

Bev & Bailey said...

When Bailey was first diagnosed as diabetic I made the same mistake--I gave her the shot of insulin directly from the fridge. Poor little girl! She yelped! That only happened once.

Hope you guys are staying warm and enjoying the holidays!