Saturday, February 25, 2012

50 lbs

The warm winter resulted in our new mallard pair coming to visit us several days a week. I was running low on corn and called the local Agway to see if they sold feed.

I asked if Agway sold duck food and was surprised to hear that yes, they sold duck/turkey food in 50 lb bags. We don't have many turkeys, so I wasn't sure this was the best idea.

We got to Agway and picked up a 25 lb bag of Feathered Friend cracked corn. The girl at the counter said, you know that you can buy 50lbs of generic corn for $4 LESS. Double the amount for less money, I said ok, we'll take the larger quantity.

I did not realize how big a 50 lb bag of corn was, until it was carried out and placed in the trunk.

All I can say is I hope the ducks decide to spend ALL summer with us. If not, the deer and squirrels will get a treat.

No comments: