Monday, February 27, 2012

Cheesecake Factory

I have always wanted to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, even though  I know this eatery often tops the list of "unhealthy" restaurants.  I figure that any place which sells 30+ kinds of cheesecake, must be good.

The Cheesecake Factory recently opened at the Danbury Fair Mall. With our nieces visiting for a few days, I thought a day of shopping and lunch would be fun. After 3 hours of prom dress shopping, we were tired and wanted a break.

We headed to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. While we waited to be seated, I ogled  their display case full of sinful cakes. We ordered lunch and I was surprised at the large size portions which were placed in front of us.

When it came time for dessert, we each ordered a different type of cake, lemon raspberry cheesecake, white chocolate blueberry cheesecake, chocolate raspberry cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake topped with fresh whipped cream. The slices of cake were so large, that none of us could finish them.

As we left the restaurant, I commented that after all those calories, it was a good thing we had spent so much time walking the mall. After another 2 hours of shopping, I no longer felt any guilt over eating such a decadent meal.

No comments: