Monday, February 16, 2009

Tubing




For a while now, I have wanted to go snow tubing. Unfortunately the weekends fly by and before you know it the snow has disappeared as has any chance of tubing.

This weekend we went to the Woodbury Ski Center. There are several tubing runs and since they make their own snow, the runs are open until late March.

We had A LOT of fun. I would highly recommend that anyone who wants to go tubing, go here. While you can get good speed solo tubing, when you tie two tubes together, you and your copilot literally fly down the hillside. Yes, you will be airborne for several seconds when you hit a bump.

I went down the black diamond course once. This course has several moguls in it. I don't think it would have been too bad, except my tube turned right at the start and I went down the slope feet first. Being blind to what is ahead is an interesting experience.

All I can say is that we will go again next year.

No comments: