Monday, February 22, 2010

Checkup


Cooper and I met with Dr Duffy today. Dr Duffy said that there seemed to be no recurrence of the thyroid cancer. Coop's thyroid was not enlarged and his lungs and heart sounded clear. If the cancer were to spread, it would be in Coop's lungs.

Dr Duffy said that if the cancer were going to come back, it is usually evident in 12 months or sooner. So, it seems that Cooper is going to be fine!

There are no guarantees, but I was relieved to hear the good news. Dr Duffy said he thinks Coop is about 8 years old and doing great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH YAY!!!!!!
I am so happy you got good news today about your special boy! Give him a big hug- I hope he and his brother Oti have many happy years together! Linda

Bev said...

So glad to read this! I remember with Bailey they told me 6 months max without chemo/radiation--and she was with us for 4 years!