Monday, February 01, 2010

Secret Snuggler



When Coop first arrived, it was clear that he had little interest in human companionship. As long as Coop's food and water bowls were full, he was satisfied.

Over time, Coop learned that sleeping on the bed was a VERY good thing. If he had to share the space with us, then that was a sacrifice worth making.

Lately, I have noticed that Coop has become a secret snuggler. When Jeff's parents were visiting, Coop would approach them and put his paw on their leg. This is Coop's way of saying. "Pet Me!".

When I work, Coop will come into the office and nudge me to pet him. In the morning when the alarm goes off, Coop loves to snuggle on the bed and be hugged. If I am stretched out on the floor, Coop will lay against me in hopes of getting his back scratched.

After years of abuse, I think that Coop may be finding his inner Golden!

No comments: