Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Born to Run

Otis is a big dog and not very light on his feet. When I walk Otis, he follows slowly behind Cooper, sniffing every blade of grass.  However, Otis becomes a different dog when he is off leash.


Jeff was with Otis in the back yard. I was walking up the driveway. I was almost to the top of the drive, when I heard a noise behind me. I turned around and there was Otis running full out, quickly closing the distance between us. The sun was shining, Oti's coat was gleaming and I could see his muscles ripple as he ran.

Otis has never looked more beautiful. As I watched Otis run, I was amazed by just how graceful he was. Otis caught up with me and wagged his tail, as if to say, got you! Jeff and I were now at opposite ends of the driveway. Otis saw Jeff and raced off towards him. Otis was unbelievably happy to be running free on a beautiful morning. I could not help but smile.

No comments: