Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner

Over the last few weeks, the ducks have been coming to the pond less and less. I had not seen the hen in a while, but the drake still shows up occasionally for breakfast.

Jeff and I went to walk the dogs at 6:30 am and the male was waiting at the edge of the pond. I immediately grabbed some corn and brought it to him.

When I took the dogs out at noon, I was surprised to see the pair floating in the middle of the pond. I scooped up some more corn and placed it at the edge of the pond.

In the evening, I saw the ducks again sitting at the edge of the pond. I said to Jeff, "They can't be hungry for dinner...can they ?" Jeff said, "Why do you think they are here - they want CORN." I went back to the garage, got more corn and brought it to the pond.

The ducks immediately gobbled up all the corn. I guess that we are no longer a wildlife Bed & Breakfast, but a full service restaurant.

No comments: