Thursday, April 26, 2012

Calico Corners


I recently received a chair from my Mom, who said that the chair was originally owned by her Mother. When we brought the chair home, we noticed that straw was falling out of it. Upon flipping the chair over, we saw the webbing on the bottom was broken and the chair was stuffed with horse hair and straw!



I wanted to have the chair repaired. We brought the chair to Calico Corners, which has gorgeous fabrics. I asked if they could fix it and was told yes. The sales woman said let's see what we are working with and proceed to peel back several layers of fabric.The  woman commented that this must have sentimental value, since repairs will cost much more than the chair is worth.


Using our couch pillow as  a guide, we found a fabric that will look fantastic. I am excited that we will be bringing this piece of family history back to life.

I also received a cedar chest from my Mom. We found a beautiful fabric and are having a custom cushion made for it.

Both items should be ready in about 6 weeks. I can't wait to see what they look like.

No comments: