Thursday, November 16, 2006

Newspaper meets blog

For those of you who are tired of hearing about our new dog, you will be glad to know that there is finally a new topic.....

When I came home from work tonight, there was a message on our machine from the Wilton Bulletin, the local newspaper. The message was from a reporter who has been reading this blog and wanted to do a story on our Wilton experiences and blog. My first thought was isn't that funny, a newspaper wants to discuss electronic communication.

My second thought was that I am not sure that I want our blog to be discussed in a news article. Jeff started this as a way of sharing our new home experience with friends and family and now suddenly it would be public. (I realize that the blog is public and anyone can read it, but most people will never find it or see it).

Jeff's reaction was completely opposite. He thinks a news article would be a great way to increase readership. Personally, I think that if you don't know us, you would have zero interest in reading about our home, but maybe I'm wrong. The Internet has a way of making distance irrevelant and provides a sense of kinship among strangers.

No comments: