Friday, March 30, 2007

Duck Pond


I came home last night to a pond full of Ducks! The first two ducks we named Paddy and Maddy McDuck. They're always together and his green head reminds me of St. Patrick's Day. They've been here on and off for about a week now. I like to think they are the same ducks from last year.

A couple days ago another pair showed up. I tried to come up with more Irish names for them, but settled on Fred and Ethel. Each pair stays to their end of the pond and minds their own business.

And then there's Dupree. I named him after the third wheel from You, Me, and Dupree? He's back and forth between the two couples like the odd-man-out. Paddy and Fred sometimes chase him around, but he doesn't leave.

They're been a regular crowd for the last few days. Maybe it helps that they find a little corn by the edge of the pond every now and then.

No comments: