Saturday, January 16, 2010

Netflix


I had been considering joining Netflix movie rental for a while. When Cablevision dropped HGTV and the Food Network, it seemed like the perfect time to sign up for a free trial membership.

On Sunday evening, I created a list of movies that I wanted to rent on the Netflix website. On Tuesday night, two DVDs were waiting in my mailbox. Having watched the first movie last night, I put the DVD into its prepaid envelope and dropped it into the outgoing mail.

Once Netflix receives the rental back, my next movie ships. I can't believe how easy the process is. Plus, you can keep a movie for as long as you want. For $14/month, this seems like a good deal. Also, I can download movies onto the computer and watch them.

One thing I don't like is that new movie releases are not available for one month after general availability. Also, a popular release which I selected has a status of "Extremely long wait". I still think the compared to $7 for a movie in the theater, it is worth a try.

2 comments:

JT Dyer said...

you can thank warner brothers for the delay in release - that's a recent thing so that netflix doesn't cut into their profit.
hopefully you got one of the plans that lets you stream movies to your PC - loved that feature when i had netflix.

JT Dyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.