Friday, January 22, 2010

Surprise


The Lexus needed an oil change, so New County Lexus dropped a loaner car off at the house and drove off in my RX-350. I expected the loaner to be another RX and was surprised to see an IS-350 (pictured)in the driveway.

The driver told me that there is no key, but instead a push button starter in the car. As long as you have the security card with you, the car will start. I have not driven a car in a long time, let alone a sports car.

It took a few minutes to adjust to the smaller interior and sitting low to the ground. I have to say that I was very impressed by the speed and handling of the IS. This car is a rocket and its effortless acceleration and smooth handling make it fun to drive. You could definitely get a ticket without even trying.

The second surprise was when the dealership called to say they had done some work which was covered under the warranty. It turns out that the Lexus has a 4 year/50K miles warranty, not 3 yr/36K as I had thought. Getting out with a bill less than $100 was the best surprise of all.

No comments: