Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow squall

This morning the weatherman said there might be snow squalls occurring in the afternoon and possible white out conditions.

When I arrived home the sun was shining as I took Otis out for his walk. I brought Oti back into the house and leashed up Cooper.

Cooper and I stepped outside and the first thing I noticed was the howling of the wind. The sky darkened and fat snowflakes began to fall. The driving wind combined with the blinding snow limited visibility to a foot.

As we walked in the road, I made sure to stick close to the edge. I doubted that anyone driving would be able to see me. I was glad that I was not driving on the Merritt Parkway. The 90 minute commute this morning was enough!

What surprised me was that in just a few seconds the weather completely changed.

No comments: