Monday, March 29, 2010

Bon Jovi


We went to the Bon Jovi concert at Mohegan Sun Arena this weekend. When I was a teenager Bon Jovi had their first radio hit. Twenty six years later, I decided it was finally time to see this band.

I thought Bon Jovi would be good - how else can they consistently sell out major stadiums ? However, I was surprised at how EXCELLENT the concert was. For two and a half hours, Bon Jovi played new songs and old favorites.

The crowd was on their feet and the arena rocked. The energy in the 10,000 seat arena was palpable. I wondered what must a concert at the Meadowlands be like ?

Jon Bon Jovi is an fantastic performer. You can tell that he loves to sing and the audience is happy to get swept up in the moment.

As with most concerts there are a lot of video screens to show close ups of the band performing. Bon Jovi also had extensive video clips and graphics displaying during songs.

I thought we would be some of the older fans, but as Bon Jovi said, there were a lot of "cougars" out on Saturday evening. The people sitting near us had traveled from Maine and many had been to multiple concerts.

I am very glad we went to the concert. As we left, I said to Jeff, I would like to see them again someday ;)

No comments: