Sunday, August 15, 2010

Country Curtains

Two years ago, I purchased bamboo shades at Country Curtains for the office. I liked these blinds because they let in some light and the room was never too dark.

The other day, when I went to adjust the shades, the cord that held them in place snapped. This occurred on both sets of shades. It seems that the sun had weakened the fabric strings and they tore trying to raise the shade.

If I had purchased the product at Target or Walmart, I would not have been surprised. However, I buy Country Curtains because even though they are expensive, they are high quality.

I called Customer Service and was told that I would be given a credit for the original cost of the blinds. We returned the broken blinds to the Westport store and ordered some new UV blocking sunshades. The new shades were not in stock and will arrive next week.

I was impressed that Country Curtains was willing to refund the cost and keep me a happy customer. Of course, this was a smart business move, since I purchased additional items while I was in their store.

No comments: