Thursday, August 05, 2010

Crisp Autum Leaves


When we renovated, I thought that it would be nice to paint the dining room blue. That is, until I learned that in the world of interior decorating blue dining rooms are a big NO-NO. I realize that I can choose any color I desire, but the last thing I want is to have an unappealing room.

With blue out, I began to look at other possible colors. It seems that red is a dining room favorite. We had a red dining room in a previous home and I did not want another one. I began to think about a dark orange/pumpkin.

When I saw Crisp Autumn Leaves, I thought bingo! This color  is a cross between red and orange. In our beige home, it will be a bold  splash of color.

I painted a sample to see if I really love this color. Crisp Autumn Leaves will not go away easily, so I want to be sure I can happily live with it.

No comments: