Monday, August 29, 2011

Balloons


I have always been fascinated by hot air balloons. When I heard that there was a balloon festival in Plainville, CT, I told Jeff we had to go.


Mapquest said Plainville was an 80 minute drive from Wilton. The balloons were scheduled to take off at 6:00 am. The alarm  clock went off at 4:00 am , surprising Cooper and Otis. We checked that the festival was still on, since hurricane Irene was creeping ever closer. At 4:30 am we were headed to Plainville.


It only took an hour to reach our destination. We got out of the car and 5 minutes later it started to rain. We thought the balloons would NOT go up.  I know Jeff was questioning my sanity about  going to a balloon festival when a hurricane was approaching. However, life is too short to let bad weather slow you down. The rain stopped after a few minutes and an hour later, people began to inflate these beautiful balloons.

No comments: