Thursday, July 02, 2009

One



Last year Jeff gave me some potted Oriental Lilies as a gift. These are one of my favorite flowers. I love their exotic look and scent.

When the flowers died, I planted the bulbs in the garden in the hope that they would flower this year. I was excited to see the bulbs emerge after the snow melted and the buds appear on the stems.

Unfortunately, the deer came and ate all but one of the buds.

I was determined to try and save this tiny bud. Each night when I walked Cooper, I would spray the plant with deer repellent and check for insects. Over the last 4 weeks, the bud continued to grow and I crossed my fingers.

Finally, I looked out and the bud had opened. The flower is gorgeous and the size is amazing. Perhaps because it was the only flower, it grew extra large.

No comments: