Sunday, July 12, 2009

Otis



I opened my email and found a note that said, "Is Cooper looking for a brother?". The note was from Danny's foster Mom, Linda F.

Linda said that she was currently fostering Otis, an extra special Golden. She thought he could be a good addition to our family. I laughed, because Linda LOVES dogs and all of her rescue pups are extra special.

We had been thinking about adopting again in January, after we got back from Alaska. When I saw Otis, with his beautiful face and pure of heart spot, I knew I needed to find out more.

Linda and I talked. I found out that Otis hates cats (sorry Olive), is house trained and good with other dogs. Otis was turned into a shelter because his family lost their home.

I am concerned that Otis may need a constant playmate. Coop is a loner at heart. He likes dogs, but is happy to be alone. Coop has come such a long way, I do not want to do anything that might cause a setback.

Linda agreed to observe Otis for a few more days and give us some additional details.

No comments: