Friday, February 25, 2011

Severed Ties

Our Westport family suggested that we look at consignment shops for dining room furniture. On a cold and windy day,  we headed to New Canaan , CT. Unfortunately, we did not find any dining room sets that we were interested in.

While visiting Severed Ties, I spotted a beautiful Waterford bowl. The bowl had been discounted several times and was reasonably priced.

Never having bought from a consignment store, I was not sure if you could request a discount. Jeff said it couldn't hurt to ask. I asked the clerk if the listed price was the best they could do. I was pleasantly surprised when she calculated a price even lower than I was hoping for.

It seems like consignment shopping could be dangerous - you enter the store with one item in mind and leave with something completely different!

No comments: