Thursday, February 03, 2011

Vacuum II

I went to the Wilton Library and made a copy of the latest Consumer Reports vacuum lab test. I was surprised to see that Dyson was not in the top 10 vacuums. The top 10 vacuums range from $80 - $800 and included names like Hoover, Kenmore, Miele and Panasonic.

We went to Sears to view their vacuums. The salesperson was nice, but only wanted to discuss the Dyson. The Kenmore Intuition was rated as a CR best buy, but she focused on the Dyson. I guess this makes sense, since the Dyson costs twice as much, which means a larger commission. The Kenmore is 21 lbs and it felt very heavy to me. The Dyson was lighter, but I don't see paying that much for a lower rated vacuum.

We also went to Best Buy. I was pleasantly surprised by their wide selection of vacs. I saw a Hoover WindTunnel T-Series which weighs less, seemed easier to maneuver and is rated  #13 by CR.

After all this looking, I am even less sure of what to purchase.

No comments: