Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Baskets

At Easter time, St. Luke's  distributes flowering plants and Easter baskets filled with food or fruit to people who are in need of Spring cheer.  Church members shop for groceries, assemble the baskets and deliver them.

When I heard that shoppers were needed, I immediately volunteered. If there is one thing I can do, it is shop! Jeff also agreed to help.

We volunteers gathered at the store and were told that the manager had already collected the groceries. We counted the items and then it was off to the checkout. We transported the groceries back to St. Luke's.  I wish that I could help with the basket delivery on Wednesday, but I will be working.

Three cheers for the organizers of  the Easter basket project! What a wonderful way to show caring to members of our community, who often feel forgotten.

No comments: