Friday, April 15, 2011

Temptation

I have been trying to eat healthier. This is not an easy thing to do when you have a giant sweet tooth. When I go to a restaurant, the first thing I look at is the dessert menu.

I know that trying to completely ban cake or ice cream from my diet will  fail. However, I try to not buy sweets too often and have switched to ice cream bars instead of half gallons.

When I was getting my hair done, my stylist talked about an Entenmann's chocolate fudge cake which was fantastic. The next day I was grocery shopping and there was the cake - on sale! I picked up the cake and thought this must be fate. As I was putting the cake into the cart, I asked myself do I really need this.

After some additional thought, the cake went back onto the store shelf. Being middle aged is no fun!

No comments: