Thursday, January 20, 2011

Third Day of School



The stars aligned briefly and we had a fairly successful dog training session.

Cooper received a round of applause during recall training. Cooper raced to me, sat down and offered a paw, which everyone thought was very cute. Both dogs passed the book drop test. In this exercise, the dog is in a sit/stay and a book is dropped behind them.
Neither dog passed the 5 minute down test. Otis lasted longer than Cooper. Cooper is not comfortable in a down position. I am not sure if Coop does not want to be subservient or if there is something in his past that Cooper struggles with. I think it is the latter, because Cooper lays there shaking. I do not think I will ever understand Coop's demons or know how to help him triumph over them.

No comments: