Wednesday, January 21, 2009

eBay


One of my Lenox wine glasses broke. Since I had bought these several years ago at a Lenox outlet, I knew it would not be easy to find a replacement.

I visited the Replacements, Ltd online store and they had a replacement glass for $20 + $9 shipping. I think I originally paid $25 for 4 glasses, so I refused to pay $29 for a single glass.

eBay to the rescue!

I looked at the auctions and saw that a set of 4 glasses were up for bid. With 1 day and 7 hours until the auction ended, I waited impatiently to place my bid. I REALLY wanted these glasses.

We have been sniped before and learned that you want to wait until the last minute to put in an offer.

With 60 seconds to go, I put in a bid. A previous bidder responded and the race was on. Luckily, my maximum offer was greater than theirs. In the end, I won the auction for $26.

I am now waiting for the glasses to ship. Hopefully, they will arrive intact.

No comments: