Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Suspicious

Jeff and I have been running back and forth to the Norwalk Vet Hospital over the last few days.When I walked into the waiting room, I was greeted by two gorgeous Newfoundlands. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for these big furry dogs. I once wanted to buy a Newfie but Jeff rejected the idea, saying these dogs were too big.

I stopped to pet the Newfies and talked briefly with their owners. I was warned that if I petted Tank (the male), I must also pet the female. I was more than happy to comply. These gigantic dogs were perfectly behaved and did not bark or jump, they just stood perfectly still while I petted them. I was told that the dogs get fresh cooked chicken and eggs for breakfast (plus kibble) and for dinner steak and eggs. I laughed and said I don't cook like that for my husband. I complimented the owners on how well trained the dogs were and we talked about the importance of showing the dog who is boss. When I went to leave, the man said you have some dog drool on your sleeve. I said it was no big deal.

I got back home and Otis raced over to me. He slowly sniffed my coat starting at the sleeves and then the front. Oti's nose was going a mile a minute.I knew Oti realized I had been with other dogs. After a few minutes Oti stopped sniffing and stared at me suspiciously as if to say - Who were you with ? What's going on ?

No comments: