Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Patchwork



When we picked Coop up last night, he was glassy eyed, whimpering and unsteady on his feet. His eyes were so sad and reproachful - all I could think was I hope this pain is ultimately worthwhile.

Cooper cannot wear a collar due to the stitches in his neck. We purchased a harness, which Coop hates. Maybe over the next two weeks he will adjust to it ?

When I look at Coop, he reminds me of a patchwork quilt - with his shaved patches and black stitches.

We are trying to be optimistic and praying for good test results. Some dogs with this cancer can survive for a year or longer. Wouldn't that be nice to hear ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Danny's foster mom, Linda, and she told me about your tragic loss of Danny and your adoption of Cooper. I regularly check your blog to see how Cooper is doing, and I've been happy to see Cooper finally enjoying life and becoming so beautiful, thanks to your love, devotion, and good care. I was so saddened to read of his illness and surgery. Having this happen seems so unfair to both you and him. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope there is a good prognosis.
Kathy H.